- DIY home projects
- Repairing classic cars
- Smoking meat
What is something people don’t know about you?
- I secretly hope that one day my garage has more square footage than my house.
Favorite or dream vacation?
- Catamaran cruise around French Polynesia.
Milestone moment in career?
- Admittedly, this is a fairly minor milestone, but opening my New York bar exam results and knowing that it was not a “failure to launch” situation.
What is a typical weekend?
- Fixing sprinkler heads that I ran over with the lawnmower and rough-housing with my three-year-old.
Favorite TV show?
- I don’t watch TV very much these days.
- Toby Keith, “Should’ve Been A Cowboy.” I’m also really into the band Oh Wonder right now.
Favorite food or restaurant?
- Giacomo’s in Boston, Massachusetts.
- “True giving is doing something for someone who can never repay you” – Jon Huntsman, Sr.
What projects are you working on right now?
- Entitlement and development of a luxury master planned community.
- Development of a mixed-use urban infill project.
- Sale of fully entitled parcels for eventual development of homes, parks and a school.
- Residential landscape construction (i.e., digging trenches and shoveling wheelbarrows of gravel in Phoenix, Arizona during the summers)
Who is your hero?
- I have many heroes, but my Grandma Pepper is one. She makes the best chicken and dumplings, is one of the kindest people I’ve ever known and always reminds me to not take myself too seriously.
What are you reading right now?
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Chasing new adventures with my wife and sons.