- I really try to take advantage of the outdoor lifestyle that Utah offers: hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, snowboarding, etc.
What is something people don’t know about you?
- When I was in middle school I played the tuba.
Favorite or dream vacation?
- I did my first backpacking trip last year with llamas – about 30 miles. They carried all my stuff the whole time.
Milestone moment in career?
- Finding and joining a development group (KIC) whose vision and culture aligned with my own.
What is a typical weekend?
- Hanging out with my wife and our dog, Oliver. He’s a good boy.
Favorite TV show?
- Right now it’s got to be Game of Thrones. It’s the 8th and final season right now. “Winter is here.”
- There’s no way I could narrow it down to just one. Different moods = different tunes.
Favorite food or restaurant?
- I really like Copper Onion in SLC, but overall I’m a really big fan of Mexican food – whether its Taco Bell or Red Iguana.
- “We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us.” – Winston Churchill
What projects are you working on right now (at home and/or work)?
- Home: a maple/walnut chess board.
- Work: redeveloping the Carl’s Jr property downtown.
- LinkedIn says Market Research at Newmark Grubb ACRES – but really, it was umpiring baseball as a teenager back in Ohio.
Who is your hero?
- Ludwig Mies van der Rohe – a pioneer of modernism. “Less is more.”
What are you reading right now?
- Appraisals and market reports. Yes, even in my free time.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Commuting to work in a fully autonomous electric car.