- I love to play sports, watch sports, and play pretty much all card and board games.
What is something people don’t know about you?
- I broke my left arm when I was 5
Favorite or dream vacation?
- My favorite vacation was to New Orleans about four years ago.
- My dream vacation would be two weeks in Hawaii.
Milestone moment in career?
- I’ve managed four different branches for two different financial institutions. For three of them, they had become bottom of the region performers and we turned them into top regional performers within two years. For the fourth, it was a new branch and we turned it profitable before end of year one.
What is a typical weekend?
- For 14 Saturdays a year, I spend half my Saturday at the soccer fields either coaching or watching my sons play. If I’m not there, I’m doing yard work. Sundays are spent either in church or with the family.
Favorite TV show?
- I don’t know that I have a favorite song, but lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Collective Soul.
Favorite food or restaurant?
- It may be recency bias but I love the marbled brisket at Smokin Bones BBQ in Bountiful.
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
What projects are you working on right now (at home and/or work)?
- I’m trying to put together a lunch and learn group at work.
- At home, it’s always some sort of home improvement DIY and I just got a pellet grill so I’m learning how to smoke my food.
- Taco Time in Sandy
Who is your hero?
- My dad
What are you reading right now?
- Camino Island by John Grisham
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- I want to have been able to provide a positive influence for my kids, be more financially independent than I am now, and to still be happy in my home and work lives.